• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Tiger Intake Manifold

Alpineracer8

Donation Time
Robin:

Basically, the "TIGER" intake that your link refers to is the same as the "COBRA" intake you are speaking of. However, there were two different versions of the Cobra intake; a small-lettered version and a big-lettered version. The one on your link, which is the one that everyone sees, was first seen on '66 Shelby G.T. 350s. The Cobras were out of production before this "big-lettered" intake was produced. The "small-lettered Cobra" intake was utilized on the Cobra roadsters as well as the '65 G.T. 350s. I used to own a '65 G.T. 350, SFM5S421, and it was equipped with the small-lettered intake. To my knowledge, the "TIGER" intake was only available in the big-lettered version; at least, I've never seen a small-lettered version of it.

Take care,

agmason

Donation Time
That manifold is the same as the Edelbrock high rise F4B. Edelbrock made the high rise for Shelby. There is also a low rise manifold with "Tiger" cast into it in the same location on the manifold. This one may have the small letters for "Tiger". I don't know who made the low rise manifold but they do show up on Ebay once in a while.

mikephillips

Donation Time
The LAT3 low rise maniflow is a copy of the Shelby part with Cobra replaced by Tiger on the front runner. Has the Shelby part number cast into it and is the same otherwise.