• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Tiger for Sale on BAT.

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
Longtime friends Roger and Kim Burrill have another completely restored Tiger listed for sale around 8am this morning on BAT (https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1967-sunbeam-tiger-48/) NO RESERVE. This is over the fifteenth Tiger restoration they have completed. I heard the fresh engine after Roger just reached over the driver's door, turned the key, and it started right up. I'm pleased with the new painter he got about six (6) projects ago. Check it out. Already bid to $31,000.

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
But still hasn't worked out which the factory orientation of the dash switches.... Or body colour scuttle braces .. :eek:
Roger has always taken the liberty to personalize his restorations. If one is looking for concours de elegance this would not be the one. But as a great driver with wonderful presentation this is very good.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Roger bought Paul Scofield's roller that me Dan W. and Peter another local Tiger guy made roll and boxed up. Also sold on 2 sets of Pie wheels and some , 7" Libra's. I suppose when any of us do that many cars they can do the Frank Sinatra. The fuel filter is a senior moment. We usually take the gloves off for car dealer sales but there's not much that can't be undone. Paul's car had the original 260 with almost everything correct and a 325 HP built motor as well . Be nice to see how it comes out. At some time things become production work. I can think of a MK2 with Phillips head screws holding on the wheel arches....
Done by a pro who shall remain nameless;)

I gave the owner the old Cheech and Chong joke. Wow man nice wheel arches. Where do you park .... I mean roughly what block....

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
I think the comments on BaT are questionable. One had the same problem as a no longer a Tiger fan and constant detractor who bought a car on BaT and sold it there in like 6 months at a loss. Jim M. car sold there and it got a flag by me as being not constructive.
Apparently it's like Craigslist and it takes more than one person to flag a comment. Unfortunately BaT is like eBay... If a buyer shows up and balks and walks your only remedy is to go after the next bidder....

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
Good news the buyers are a Husband and Wife. They are delighted to get the Tiger and will be excellent care takers. He use to have one in his younger years and wants to have the thrill again. This will be a very good match. They both signed up for the bidding under different names. She actually put in the final winning bid.

I agree Warren. Also, I'm looking forward to Roger and Kim finishing the Las Vegas Tiger (great bones). I offered to drive down with my truck and trailer to pick it up. The U-haul process worked out just fine. Of course with a lot of help from the Sunbeam community - particularly You and DW - Roger and Kim were grateful for all the help.