• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Thermostat Reccomendation

Pete S.

Bronze Level Sponsor
What does the service manual for your car recommend? That's probably a good place to start.

alpine_64

Donation Time
I have a 1725, run a 180 Thermostat and live in California. Am I better off running a 160 instead and if so, does anyone have a recommendation for one?

I was looking at this one. Any good?
https://www.autozone.com/cooling-he...PmFlCj6lcdLEVkfgyEsaAsd4EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Or am I ok with what I have?
The thermostat should hold the coolant flow until the car reaches the thermostats temperature.. Does the car overheat? 180 is well within normal operating temps... Driving the car round cold wont help it..

Acollin

Platinum Level Sponsor
All helpful replies, but I,too, would ask why are you considering a new or different thermostat?

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
If you have an overheating issue, going with a 160 thermostat won't help that issue. If you don't have an overheating issue, keep using the 180 thermostat you have.

Mike