• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

SV engine removal

ForzaDesign

Donation Time
I am going to pull the motor and trans on my SV to replace the front and rear seals. I have not seen previous threads regarding engine R&R. Any heads up or look outs that I should be aware of? I have also seen some reference the these seals leaking when new. Is there a specific procedure/tool with intstallation?

Thanks,

chris

Donation Time
I don't recall running into any thing unexpected when I pulled mine.

If you do a search on YouTube there is a Tech Session video of an engine removal taken at one of the past Invasions. I've never watch the whole thing, but it might help

Good Luck

mikephillips

Donation Time
There aren't lip type seals on the front and back. Thback is a reverse scroll type cut into the crank. The front has a rubber seal that the oil slinger inside the timing cover runs against. It can be replaced but you need to ensure the slinger is straight and that the pulley is centered in the timing cover hole.