• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam Safari

911tr8r

Gold Level Sponsor
For those of you that are hotrodders and watch "Fast and Loud" saw an interesting episode the other night. 1970s Shelby Mustang that was lifted, had big wheels, large tires with lights attached to a rollbar. Lots of trails and dunes around here in Central Oregon desert so I was contiplating adding this sort of thing to my 67 SV.
Here is the link to not the SHelby but similar.

I found nothing on the net but thinking of attaching lights to a roll bar or to a basket carrier on my hardtop.
Any other ideas?
Thanks

Asm109

Donation Time
Sure lights on a roll bar, fine.
Can't imagine a vehicle less suited for driving in soft sand than an Alpine. This is coming from a guy who drove a 66 Mustang with 4 people 5 miles up a sand wash to visit Fonts Point in Anza Borrego.
Getting a vehicle stuck in the sand, unstuck is HARD WORK.

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
Old idea, this is from the movie Thomas Crown affair.
97729579.jpg

911tr8r

Gold Level Sponsor
How right you are 109! Just thinking about replacing springs etc made my stomach flop. But remember everything just keeps coming around again. Notice how youngsters are wearing bell bottoms again! OLD IDEA : - )