• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam on Craigslist

afc742

Donation Time
Looks pretty good in the pictures for the money. tulsa.craigslist.org/cto/2344778325.html

Alpineracer8

Donation Time
Looks like a Series II to me...it's advertised as a Series I. Maybe Donna knows something about this car; she doesn't live too far from there.

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
Just saw this thread!

:D Never have seen this car, did not know it was here, try and contact seller for more information. Andy seems there is an Alpine in OKC for you to check out also. Tis Spring when all the hoarded Alpines appear on Craig's list!

Donna
:cool:

Alpineracer8

Donation Time
Yeah, Donna, I saw that one. I may try to call on it and maybe go look at it this weekend. We'll see how the time goes. If anybody needs me to lay eyeballs on it for them, just let me know.

There is something strange about this car, however. The pics in the OKC Craigslist ad are the exact same pics of a car that was for sale on Bringatrailer.com in Yelm, WA a while back. Maybe someone here in OKC bought it??? Who knows...but, if so, why did they use the same pics???

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
No Responce from Broken Arrow, yet!

Sent two e-mails to the car in Broken Arrow, maybe he will shock me and show up at the Cruise IN tonight!
I know of a rare car owner that found his Woolsey for sale a few months after he bought his car, yes someone had a Craig's list selling his car he just purchased a few months earlier, so these things do happen!
Buyer be aware!

Donna
:D

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
Received Responce

Broken Arrow car's story: It was bought 3 years ago from the 2nd owner who used it as a daily driver. Current owner brought it home then drained the gas tank and left it in the garage, work and family got in the way. The engine turns by hand but it has not run since he brought it home. So anyone here on this forum interested? PM me, I still want to take a look will call the seller and make arrangements.

Donna

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
Sent two e-mails to the car in Broken Arrow, maybe he will shock me and show up at the Cruise IN tonight!
I know of a rare car owner that found his Woolsey for sale a few months after he bought his car, yes someone had a Craig's list selling his car he just purchased a few months earlier, so these things do happen!
Buyer be aware!

Donna

That's how a lot of scams work on Craig's list. I inquired about a rediculously price Boss 429 found on Craig's list and got the story about the seller having to go overseas for work and the tarrifs were too high to take the car and; well you get the idea. Searched around and found the very same car listed in several cities at the same time.

agmason

Donation Time
"That's how a lot of scams work on Craig's list. I inquired about a rediculously price Boss 429 found on Craig's list and got the story about the seller having to go overseas for work and the tarrifs were too high to take the car and; well you get the idea. Searched around and found the very same car listed in several cities at the same time."

I couple of years back there was a Jaguar xk150 for sale at a low price in the Detroit Craigs list. The seller lived in Windsor, Canada and the sad story told of a widow selling the car because her husband had died and she just wanted it out of the garage. I sent an email and the seller repeated the story with added info and photos. The photos looked like a car I saw on Ebay several weeks back. Using the completed auction search I found the car but it wasn't sold and the country of origin was USA. I sent a email to the Ebay seller and he confirmed the car was not sold and was not in Canada. He was surprised when I sent him the Craigslist listing and was going to contact the seller.

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
I later actually found the same picture of the Boss 429 on Craig's List in a Mustang Monthy article on line. And the other part of the scam was free shipping of the car. Just pay a deposit and the remainder to the shipper on delivery.

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
Let's find it a home!

Heading over after work to check out the Series II Alpine, remembered camera so anyone that is interested please PM me and lets find the Okie Alpine a new home where it will be driven and appreciated!

Donna

PS Jim is hoarding the money so I am not allowed to purchase another one. Shove Pumpkin the corvette out in the driveway to make room for another Alpine, maybe not! LOL

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
Saw the Series II

If I would of started with this car instead of my bucket of rust, it would of been a whole lot easier! I meet the owner several years ago, before he got the car or just right after, first time to see the car. This is a really nice solid car, yes it needs work but getting it back on the road will not be to hard of a project. PM me for more details and questions!

Donna

Frontalobotomy

Donation Time
Series 1

If I would of started with this car instead of my bucket of rust, it would of been a whole lot easier! I meet the owner several years ago, before he got the car or just right after, first time to see the car. This is a really nice solid car, yes it needs work but getting it back on the road will not be to hard of a project. PM me for more details and questions!

Donna

This is a series 1 B9009275 LRX. According to the technical specifications series 1's B9000000-B9011592. So according the this website's technical specs, this car is a series 1.

DavidHodges11

Donation Time
lol the okc is mine

and I found the pic online and looks just like mine. put up some pics of the real car I have, no scam guys.

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
While at the show today...

So all those that showed an interest today at the car show of ever wanting to own a Sunbeam Alpine, I let them know one is for sale in Broken Arrow on Craig's list. Time will tell if any are truly wanting an Alpine.
I saw the Series I not Series II and it is real not a scam, now we just need to find it a home, good solid car, needs new rubber, windscreen doors etc. most is original, upholstery tired but usable and the motor, fingers crossed that it will run like it did 3 years ago. Way to nice of a car to piece out!

Donna