• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Stock Tiger Radiator in bad condition Wanted

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I am planning to experiment with a Tiger Radiator. I believe I have hit on a cooling solution for the Tiger. I have a new re-cored all copper radiator for a Tiger but do not want to damage it. If you or anyone you know has a used one in bad shape please let me know.

The radiator I have is for sale.......

Last edited:

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Hi Dan
I have a Tiger radiator that should work for you. Also found another Alpine steering column today as well as the one I brought back from the United. Eric

studmobile

Diamond Level Sponsor
I also have a Tiger radiator, from a car in a front end collision- bent up, needs new core. Not sure if that would work for you, but might prefer it to avoid tearing up a better one. Might also be interested in your one for sale. Missed you at the United Dan, always enjoy talking to you. Keep up the good work. I'll give you a call soon but am out of town at present. David

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
David, Glad to hear from you. Get in touch when you are back home.
\
I am sure hoping I have found a solution to "cooling" the Tiger.

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
I am planning to experiment with a Tiger Radiator. I believe I have hit on a cooling solution for the Tiger. I have a new re-cored all copper radiator for a Tiger but do not want to damage it. If you or anyone you know has a used one in bad shape please let me know.

The radiator I have is for sale.......
It'll be interesting to see this unfold. I've got my own solutions for cooling worked pretty well on 4 V8 cars so far!

Asm109

Donation Time
My Tiger cooling woes have been solved for close to 20 years.
Recipe is:
Tiger radiator recored by Rob Guerra at TigerEngineering.net
Stock shroud
Derale 17515 Rigid fan.
Edelbrock High flow water pump.
Horn holes blocked by sheet metal.
Stuff a pool noodle between cross member and bottom of radiator. (kills recirculating hot air)

Car runs 200F day in day out.
Acid test was letting the car idling in the garage on a 102F day. Over an hour at idle and temps only went to 210.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
JUST TO LET YOU KNOW, I now have a couple tiger radiators that are in very bad condition. They fill the bill for my experimenting..... Thanks,

DanR

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
My Tiger cooling woes have been solved for close to 20 years.
Recipe is:
Tiger radiator recored by Rob Guerra at TigerEngineering.net
Stock shroud
Derale 17515 Rigid fan.
Edelbrock High flow water pump.
Horn holes blocked by sheet metal.
Stuff a pool noodle between cross member and bottom of radiator. (kills recirculating hot air)

Car runs 200F day in day out.
Acid test was letting the car idling in the garage on a 102F day. Over an hour at idle and temps only went to 210.
How's that pretty color on pool noodle look :) I like the good foam old pipe insulation. Also look to the proper mix of coolant and good old distilled water.
I guess it's also the stock vs personalized and modified as well.

Like to see what you have cooking up Dan . I have an older Dale sourced aluminum one but I'm set and have been on the 101* in the San Fernando valley at 115° and the car survived but I barely made it. Also needed could be a bimini top with a light insulated lining, or a zip out rear window. Top down 3x black car hurts...

* That's a freeway or parking lot that connects to a uphill grade on the 405 San Diego freeway climb up into the LA basin. Probably best described as the nuclear test.