• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Stay safe!

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor
I hope everything goes well. I had a heart valve problem a couple of years back with pneumonia on top of that took 5 months to feel pretty good again
Bob, I hope that Jene is improving we are pulling for her. I spent a couple of hours cleaning up the lower dash rail. Rootes really used some kind of super glue on that thing. I had to use the air sander to get the old glue off. I got it primed and painted. Next I get to recover it.

65beam

Donation Time
Bob, here's hoping Jean has plain old pneumonia and not associated with the flu.

Bill
Bill,
There's a rather large family of the various corona virus. Testing showed she had the Corona virus OC43. This is one of the couple corona virus that causes the common cold. She's had RA since she was in her 20's and folks with compromised immune systems can also develop respiratory problems such as pneumonia. Her job in cardiology requires that she is up close to patients while doing testing in either ICU or CCU so she may have been exposed to this virus by one of her patients. She was admitted to the hospital on the 19th and has been home since late Friday.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Regardless of source or type, viral pneumonia is a tough customer to treat as viruses are not sensitive to our medicines. Being home for four days is good news and great for Jean. I just spent over three weeks in the hospital. After such a stay you are literally a shadow of what you were when you entered. Take good, no, make that excellent, care of her. She deserves it.

Bill

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
Good to read that Jean is on the mend and Bill seems recovered. Hope all out members and families are OK. All us Haydens from CA, Boston, Philly, and Lakewood are doing fine. No family or friends have contracted the virus. Hunkered down at home, fortunately with a daughter and her family right next door. They do all our shopping and prepare our dinners. My daughter let me do a late night run to the empty self-serve lobby of the post office to ship a tach I had repaired. My wife Fran is doing OK, but with her advancing dementia I think the isolation is affecting her quite a bit. We do Zooms meetings and Facetime with all the kids and grandkids and she lights up when she sees them even on the iPad screen. But she soon loses interest in the little view. Local family members stop by on our deck and that is better, but she clearly wants them to come inside and make contact. We do walks in the yard and drives to the beach when it's nice out. Looking forward to warmer weather.

Stay safe, be well,

Tom

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
We are well here in Sunny South Carolina.
My pra
yers are with you all.

Bill has a great nurse! Bob has a great nurse too!

Love you all,

65beam

Donation Time
We are well here in Sunny South Carolina.
My pra
yers are with you all.

Bill has a great nurse! Bob has a great nurse too!

Love you all,
Dan,
Bill's nurse retired, Jean hasn't because she keeps finding projects that require money. Jean saw two different Docs today and it looks like she'll take off another two or three weeks. They'll start doings stints and other procedures soon so they want her ready to go. They figure they'll be playing catch up. I've gotten used to her not being on call.