• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Starter

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
Quick question, my starter packed it in. I found a Bosch SR192X that fits a Spitfire and a Plymouth Cricket. VB also shows the Spitfire and Alpine starter part numbers as the same. Does anyone know if the Cricket starter fits an Alpine? SS is out of of them but I found a source in Boise (Auto Parts Warehouse) that has a Bosch. It is supposed to be 70 this weekend, after a winter of snow, ice and rain rain, rain, I can't miss this!!! HELP!

Alpineracer8

Donation Time
Tracy:

There's only one thing you need to know about a starter for your Alpine...and that is to contact Doc Martin at the link below:

http://www.britishstarters.com/

He sells a gear reduction starter for an A-H Sprite that, once the mounting plate is properly "clocked" on the starter body, will mount right up and solve your starter problems forever. I just put one on my high-compression racing engine in my Series I and track-tested it last weekend. It didn't matter if the car was hot or cold, that starter performed flawlessly!!!! It's got all the torque you'll ever need to start your car. Plus, if you order it now, you might have it by Friday so you could take advantage of your good weather. They are a bit pricey but, as a friend of mine always says, "buy the best and you'll only cry once!"

Now, I'm normally as much of a purist as they come but I've done the "my car won't start" routine one too many times with the racer. Original is nice...but knowing the damn thing will start is much nicer!!!!

My .02 cents worth,