• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sparto reversing light bases available!

alpine_64

Donation Time
OK, not yet, but... Ian has said he will remake these. I know a bunch of you have the lamps and NO bases, so we all know we will have to pony up when they are made as there is no other source. If Ian is smart he will put them on e-bay and make a small fortune off them as we bid each other out on them and fair enough.. we are not helping him get them made... SOOOOOO

Why dont we all pony up some $ as deposits and get these under way.. Ian what you want?

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
Sounds great, if I wanted some I would pony up. I have my doubts that anyone but the maker will make any any money on thses. First, there are only a handful of folks that even WANT reverse lights on their car. And out of those, how many have the top half? These were not really made for the Tiger so you can count them out.

Not trying to play the doom and gloom song but................:rolleyes:

alpine_64

Donation Time
Paul,

I think there are some Tiger owners who would have them as the MKI tigers used them, however the market does lie with alpine people. Now i know lots on the board have paid big $ for the lamps (the irony is despite so many of us explaining that they need the bases) then hopelessly seraching for them. If Ian doesnt make them i will make a set myself, which i had intended on doing anyway.. but i would prefer to help ian out.. and make another part available that is correct.. so.. roll call.

A

AlpineIan

I just went to the shop today to check on the Sparto bases. They had them on the shelf, unfinished because of another job. They are going to get started on them again and asked me to bring them the light assembly part to make sure they would fit up properly. I'm only having one set made right now because I need to get an idea of price. I think they will be expensive... so don't get too excited until I know more... good news is that they are working on them again.

W

WaltSV

I'm interested and have 2 pair of light assemblies.

When holding them to the rear valance, I'm almost convinced I could tolerste the slight downward angle they would have w/o a proper base.

Please protect me from myself and tell me there's a cost effective solution pending.

Walt

A

AlpineIan

Got a call today from the tool shop making the Sparto Bases for me . They left a message telling me they were ready for pick up, but didn't tell me the price. I'll run in to see them tomorrow AM and report back on these.

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
How expensive are the Sparto lights (not counting the mounting hardware)?

I have a pair of R66 Wipacs, and had decided to install them in the Sparto location "beneath and between" so as to be able to change them out at such time as Spartos come my way assuming they fit the overall Sunbeam budget.

Now I'm thinking I'll wait. One of the Wipacs needs a lens, and rust treatment on its reflector, and I am anxious to move on to other more immediate Sunbeam needs. I can repair the Wipacs once I get the car running and deal with that later.

A ballpark value would be very helpful in planning.

Thanks.

Allan

A

AlpineIan

Ok guys... time to put your money where your mouth is... so to speak! :)

My set of Sparto bases are finished and they cost me 300.00... unchromed. If you guys want a set, I will have them made up for that price... which has no profit built in for me. You guys will need to have your own chrome plating done. My chrome shops are all 6 - 9 months behind right now and I don't want to screw with chroming them. The tool shop can turn them around pretty quickly, but they will not be chromed.

Let me know and I will have more sets made. I can't eat the cost for these, so I must have payment up front for your orders... sorry, but my money is too tight these days. LMK...

A

AlpineIan

Ok... thats one set... do we have any more? Let's keep it open for orders until Sunday, Jul 29th and after that there will be no more. Please email me off line for PayPal information or mailing address.

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Hi Ian
Can you post a photo of the bases? Were they machined or made from round stock/welded?
thanks, Eric

A

AlpineIan

They are made from round stock... 300.00 per set seems pretty high to me, but if you figure we are only making a few sets we are not going to get any deals. Like Paul said... only person making any money is the maker! I'm going to try and make my chrome plater reimburse me the cost for the ones I just made due to the fact that he lost my original set. We'll see what happens there!:mad:

sparto_1.jpg

sparto_2.jpg