• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sourcing Mustang II bell housing and Front cover.

Asm109

Donation Time
Searching salvage yards near me turns up several Bronco II 2.8 L engines.
Older Mustang II gear, not so much.

Where does one find the bell housing and front cover needed to put the V6 in an Alpine?

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
I had luck searching for the Mustang II 4 speed trans. 9 times out of 10 there was a bell housing attached
and the yards were agreeable to sell. Of course this was a few years ago and the climate might be different now.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I am constantly searching for the Correct Timing cover and bellhousing for the Conversion of FORD (Cologne) 2.8 V6's.
I have paid from $75 to $200 for the Bellhousings and $50 to $110 for the Timing Covers. Lately they are all costing me more than ever unless someone is just tryin to dispose of them making room for something else. I just paid $200 + $75 shipping for a bellhousing. The last Timing cover was $100 + $50 shipping.

I have been trying for about 15 years to figure a way to get another bellhousing to serve in the V6 Conversion.....I now have figured (I think) a workable solution. I have just designed an adapter plate for mating a T5 to the late 2.8 V6 Bellhousing from a Ranger/Bronco II which has an external hyd slave cylinder proven to be reliable for thousands of miles.. It does not have the Lever that the Mutt II is known for. It has a manual release bearing activated by an internal lever when the external hyd slave is functioning.

Stay Tuned......

Last edited: