• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Source for tire tubes?

Bill Tubbs

Donation Time
I finally found a local (motorcycle) shop that will replace the tube on one of my wire wheels... if I can find a new tube. Any ideas on a good source? I may as well replace all of them just to be safe. A Sacramento tire dealer would be great, but mail-order works just fine for me...!

jack Bacon

Donation Time
Source for tire tubes

I replace one of my tubes last year at my son's shop and they got it from a local tire wholesaler.

Jack

Derek

Donation Time
Tubes

Bill try British Wire Wheel in Fresno
britishwirewheel.com

don't have wires on mine but did some research

Derek

gordonra

Donation Time
I just bought five Sumitomo 185/70/13 tires from USA Express. They got new tubes for me, but I don't know where they got them. I could ask if you can't find them.

I tried SS and British Wire Wheel for liners, but no one had them. British Wire Wheel told me to use a heavy mil (double the standard thickness) electrical tape available at some hardware stores. Also advised against Duct Tape.... They suggest two complete wraps around each set of spokes. Very helpful folks at BWW.

So, I found the tape, and the tire shop installed it, tubes and tires as well as balanced them. The whole job cost me about $435 and they sure feel good.

Side note... the old tires had packing tape for liners, one tube had a hole in it but there was enough of a seal with the bead and the packing tape that it hadn't leaked. One of the tubes tore the valve off.... rotten rubber.

No telling how long those tires had been on the car..... The outside showed some cracks in the rubber, but didn't look nearly as bad as they were. Fortunately, I only drove it very local. If I had known how bad they really were, I'd have not been driving on them at all.

Rich

Bill Tubbs

Donation Time
Great. Thanks, guys. There's a Tire's Plus around here but it's too far for a lunch hour break. I emailed British Wire Wheels and hopefully they can ship them up quickly. I forgot about them!!

Bill

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Hendrix wire wheels, Has everything you need. Just got new wires from them with tubes, and rounding.....what a nice ride.. as they say "like riding on a cloud"
Tom j

sd_pace

Donation Time
tom
is hendrix in atlanta?.... also do they balance wire wheel... and i also need to get the alignment done
thanks
steve