• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sound/Insulation and Carpets

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
Hi,

I would hate to glue this stuff down to the floor. Can you guys tell me what the best way is to fix new Sound and Heat sheild to the floor and then how to best fit the carpets?

It looks as if there may have been some kind of dome or snaps installed to the floor.

What have you guys done?

Regards,
Andrew

wframe

Donation Time
Lately I have been reading hot rod/street rod magazines. They have lots of useful information regarding building and restoring cars. A recent article in one of them very clearly said that the right way to install it is, in fact, to glue the jute pad and then use a heat gun to get it smoothed and well bonded. Then follow up with the same process for the carpet. This is from professional upholstery guys. I don't know about our Alpines, but I know that is how new cars are done. And obviously, at least some really nice custom cars. So why not in our little beauties?