• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Smart Car

skywords

Donation Time
A few pics my buddy sent me. Tridion Steel cage what is that?

smart-car-9a.jpg

SmartCarRallye.jpg

offroad.jpg

tfctpa

Donation Time
After seeing sever of these around, (a local real estate company uses them for advertising), I am assuming the one in bottom picture is fitted with 15" wheels.:)

Fastback

Donation Time
Gee...I thought it was a Power Ranger accessory. Or something from Hasbro or Fischer-Price. With those wheels, if you SLAMMED on the brakes, what are the chances...

Wayne

Pumpkin

Donation Time
Dang fellas, might be nice to have one of these to pull with the Pumpkin for a spare. Although they want about 17 for them imported to the US of A.
We were in Japan a couple of years ago.. now there is a country for a small car. Even saw a pickup as short as this one.
Chuck

PaulK

Gold Level Sponsor
A few pics my buddy sent me. Tridion Steel cage what is that?

smart-car-9a.jpg

Smart cars are available in the US now, there is a company importing them even prior to Damler bringing them over.

I saw a crash test ot the car 70 mph into a concrete barrier the Tridon steel cage had no damage although the body panels were gone. They said the Driver foot area was not even bent but they doubted that a driver could have survived. :eek:
Check out the video
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/60538/smart_car_crash/

Paul

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
Last year when I was in Spain, there were Smart Cars everywhere. When they were side by side with most other cars they seemed a bit bigger then the others. Maybe it was the height that made them look larger. All I could think of was now that's a two passenger SUV.:)