• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Slow gas drip from metering jet?

daiseng

Platinum Level Sponsor
Hi,

After cold starting my s2 I noticed gas dripping from the front zenith carb metering jet. I’m guessing the o-ring (part 37) needs to be replaced. Does anyone know if this a size specific to the alpine or what size to get?

Attachments

• IMG_6154.jpeg
    IMG_6154.jpeg
    53.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_9767.jpeg
    IMG_9767.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 23

Acollin

Platinum Level Sponsor
I would remove the jet and see what you have currently in the space.

Most local hardware stores have drawers of O rings —- match them up or take the jet with you and find a secure fit. They should be very inexpensive— buy a few!

Good hunting. Parts become more scarce each day and part sellers can only stock so much to protect their bottom line. owners of classic cars will need to find creative solutions to keep their cars rolling. “No longer available” bits issues will only get worse.

Rick Young

Platinum Level Sponsor
When the o rings on my Strombergs leaked I called Joe Curto. I sent him a S.S. envelope and for a few bucks he mailed me some vitron o rings. Worth a try.
Rick

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Harbor Freight sells a box full of assorted fuel resistant O rings in various sizes-has saved me a few times!