• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

SIV...V? Clutch pipe needed

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
Aeroquip clutch hose.

I meant to mention I use a banjo bolt on the bottom to connect to the slave.
It would be cheaper just to have another 90 degree fitting with the Aeroquip adapter.

Steve

"If you don't have your fittings for the late clutch hose or the fittings you have look terrible Aeroquip makes fittings that will work. You have to use their braided stainless steel lines. (any braided line with an "AN" fitting of matching size)

If anyone is interested let me know I can put together a couple of sets or provide you with the Aeroquip part numbers of the fittings. Looks great but of course it is a bit pricey - about 40-50 by the time you get all the bits and hose. "

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
Thanks to Boots-to-Bonnet for a super new clutch line! Fits great, looks great too!

Now I am hooking everything together, as the rains permit...

One problem so far is that the clutch cylinder clevis pin rod in a new clutch master cylinder does not match to the clutch pedal.

The clevis pin rod's fitting for the clutch pedal is too small. (See pic).

Not sure how much too small, but it's enough to require force...maybe some bending...

Has anyone encountered this?

I hope there is a solution that does not require a machine shop or special tools...

Thanks in advance,

Allan

mikephillips

Donation Time
Can you swap pushrods from the old to the new?? I've done that with brake masters but not knowing what clutch you're dealing with I can't say if it'll work.

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
I don't know what clutch, either!

I can only assume a S V clutch, but who knows until such time as I can take a look.

The old clevis pin rod is available, but is quite worn. The clevis pin holes are no longer round but are oblong.

I wonder if the clevis pin rod is too small - or if the clutch pedal is too big?

Do the clutch master cylinders come with different sized clevis pin rods?