• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

SIV seat back panel.

dmich2

Donation Time
On my SIV I have the folding panel that covers the retracted convertible top. It has the center handle that when pulled, the wires attached to this handle behind the panel retract 2 locks that clip on either side of the body. (If you don't have this panel you probably have NO idea what I'm trying to explain....:confused: , and if you do...you still might not know what I'm talking about...)

Anyway. I seem to be missing whatever those locks attach to. I've looked at my parts manual and do not see what these items are called, or look like.

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Dennis

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
Dennis,
I just went out and looked at my series IV and the 2 retractable locks hook on the lips on the small fold down pieces of the hard covering for the soft top. If you want I could take a picture or two and email them to you. I have no idea how to put them on this forum.
Alpine Bob

mikephillips

Donation Time
if you mean how do they attach to the cover, there should be a piece of steel attached at each side with 4 threaded holes match int ones in the lock assemblies.

jmthehermit

Donation Time
Hi Dennis, go to my photo album and look for pics 0115, 0116, and 0117. Last pic on page 3, first pics on page 4. You should find what your looking for there. Jeff

dmich2

Donation Time
Thanks guys for all the info. I went back to my Sunbeam parts CD after looking at Jim's photos and............:eek: Lo and behold, Sweet Pea is missing what is called the "Hood Tray Covers", left and right sides - part numbers 2218398 and 2218399. Back to eBay....:(

Might put out a call in the "wanted section"

Thanks.

Dennis

dmich2

Donation Time
Jeff. I really enjoyed your photo album of the restoration. Where did you get the hood scoop you mounted starting at photo 232? I've been thinking of one for Sweet Pea.

Dennis

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
It is a reproduction fiberglass scoop for a Cobra, I found it online doing a search. If you want I can probably dig up the reciept.

dmich2

Donation Time
That would be great, thanks. It looks a little like the ones I've seen on the Tigers.

Dennis