• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series V rear discs

DougCoad

Platinum Level Sponsor
Has any one run rear disc's (Tiger Dan's kit) using a dual master cylinder with no brake boost or proportion valve?

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
Has any one run rear disc's (Tiger Dan's kit) using a dual master cylinder with no brake boost or proportion valve?

I suspect that you are referring to a tandem master cylinder rather than a dual master cylinder. ?????

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
No problems with breaking?
Why would there be? Alpines with no brake booster are very common, stop just fine requiring a bit more effort. Dan and the vast majority of his customers agree the kit has no need for a proportioning valve. Rear wheel lockup is not an issue. What would you expect to gain with the valve?

I'll tell you the same thing I told Dan when he did his initial installation. Do not install a proportioning valve (he wanted one), but when he hits the road, check it out for rear wheel lockup. If he detects any indication that it is or may be present, install the valve.
Bill

Last edited:

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Been running a tandem master and 4 wheel disks for years with no proportioning valve,
rear disks were done with Dans kit. Working on "enhanced" calipers and one of Bills
brake pedals. Should be awesome brakes!