• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series III hood badge

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
Looking for a Series III hood badge in " good " condition, no broken pins.
Might be willing to swap a very good to excellent Series II for one in same condition.

alpine_64

Donation Time
The S3 badge is 2 parts, the chrome base with mounting pins and the badge insert. The badge was also used on rapier and alpine fastbacks and the base used on several other rootes models with a different badge insert.

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
Michael: It would be helpful to the Alpine community if you could specify what years/models of Rapier and Alpine fastbacks and "other Rootes models" this badge base was used on. I'm sure the Series 3 owners would be forever thankful to you!

Rick

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Don't know if they still do, but Sunbeam Specialties sold the badge part of the S3 hood badge. I bought
one for my S3, but that was quite a few years ago. The harder part is finding the metal part!

alpine_64

Donation Time
Michael: It would be helpful to the Alpine community if you could specify what years/models of Rapier and Alpine fastbacks and "other Rootes models" this badge base was used on. I'm sure the Series 3 owners would be forever thankful to you!

Rick

The badge and base were used on the rapier fastbacks and fastback alpines as a bonnet badge.

See here:
ebay143294990773569.jpg

The chrome base was also used on certain earlier series (audux based) rapier but with a different badge insert.

There were several models of the imp based cars that had a very similar badge on the front panel...but they may have been slightly smaller.

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
The S3 badge is 2 parts, the chrome base with mounting pins and the badge insert. The badge was also used on rapier and alpine fastbacks and the base used on several other rootes models with a different badge insert.
Tho the Series 3 bonnet badge consists of 2 pieces, it was considered a single part. The center badge and metal outer piece were never offered separately, whereas the SIV-SV grill center motif and badge were. As Steve said, at one time SS and CS offered the plastic center but they might not now.

Mark ..... volvoguys

DSCN1744 (1).JPG

Acollin

Donation Time
Could someone tell me what this is. It came in the mail yesterday: an ebay auction. I was the only bidder.
Thanks

Attachments

• 0E6B2F3B-928C-456A-84E3-B4D2E21DDFD0.jpeg
    0E6B2F3B-928C-456A-84E3-B4D2E21DDFD0.jpeg
    47.9 KB · Views: 39
  • 7CB15BB9-71CF-435B-9DED-665331EE94F8.jpeg
    7CB15BB9-71CF-435B-9DED-665331EE94F8.jpeg
    52.1 KB · Views: 39

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hi Andrew,

It's a hood badge for Series I or II Alpine. Cloisonne center looks pretty decent but the chrome outside the center looks to have worn, or been rubbed, off.

Mark ..... v