• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series II

R

Racerguy99

I'm putting my Series II up for sale. I need to clear space and resources to finish my other Series II / Thunderpine. It has wire wheels, roll bar and a decent stereo. She runs good and looks good too. Suspension was re-done with the restoration in 1999. There is a tear in the drivers seat, a couple of smallish HAIL dents:)mad: ) and few chips in the paint here and there. It has a Series III type radiator, all syncro trans, recent clutch and good white top. I have a whole bunch of spare parts, including an extra whole front suspension, restorable hardtop too. E-mail me for some pictures or more info. $5000 obo

Gary Strom

cdk84

Donation Time
Series II whereabouts

Hello Gary:

Where is the car located?
What color is it?
Where can we see pictures of it?

Thanks,
Fin Fan

R

Racerguy99

Sorry for the delay in reply. The car is in Park Forest, IL. A south suburb of Chicago. It is painted a Chrysler "Black Cherry" in Centairi Enamel. Best way to get you some pics, is to send me your email request and I'll send some direct.

gstrom99@joimail.com

Thanks.

Gary

skywords

Donation Time
Gary
Do yourself and the rest of us buyers a favor and post the pictures on one of the many FREE photo hosting sites and post a link to the pictures. The pictures are much easier to access and will encourage a sale that might not have accured otherwise. Post as many pictures that will represent the car as possible inclusive of the engine and underside etc... It will protect you after the sale and prevent much time from being wasted.

I just purchased a Series II from a seller on this site that had a link to the pictures. His pictures sucked but his reputation does not so I bought the car. I have not seen it yet but will have it Monday.

Good Luck!
Rick

atallamcs

Donation Time
photos suck

Hey Rick,
I saw that--what can I say, the car was not at the house. Anyway, glad to hear you will have the car Monday--let me know what you think!
Bill

skywords

Donation Time
Bill
The fellow that picked the car up says it's very nice. He said they drove it up on the flat bed and it ran great with the exception of a small choke problem. I ran into Nick at the Phoenix raceway yesterday while cheering Roger on in his Alpine race car. I think Nick would have bought the car if I had not. I am not worried it will be a good car. I am not one to fuse over small details that are easily fixed such as the choke etc.. I will call you Monday and thanks for the seamless transaction. The tires are nice! Now to decide what car to us them on.

Rick