• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series II Vinyl grain

Limey

Donation Time
Hi All,

I am about to instruct my upholsterer to do the interior. They have found a good colour match for the vinyl but I am worried that the grain ain't right. Can anybody please tell me by tomorrow as I have a crunch meeting with him

1 - is there a UK or European supplier of rolled material
2 - is there a USA supplier of rolled material
3 - post a pick of what the grain should be for a Series II

Thanks!

Oliver

johnd

Donation Time
One Trim in the UK sells custom vinyl and leather seat covers for Alpines. I purchased a set for my SII (black with red piping) and was very pleased.

Gary T

Gold Level Sponsor
It is my understanding that the correct vinyl grain for Series II is called Longhorn, which was available at one time.

I also believe that the only machine available had a serious failure and could not be economically repaired, so Longhorn is not available today.

There could be some material left over somewhere, but finding it may be the problem.

Thanks

Limey

Donation Time
Thanks for that. So my issue now is what would be acceptable as a vinyl texture. Is there any anything out there in Lake Blue that fits the bill?

Oliver

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Oliver,

Rick @ Sunbeam Specialties used to carry Longhorn in the past but mainly black colour (other colours by special order only )Not sure whether he still has it.
When visiting Beaulieu spring Market in May I found these guys carrying very close grain vinyl from the roll in many period colours. Furthermore they offer stretch vinyl specially suited for seat upholstery:

http://www.martrim.co.uk

Give them a try and order their sample cards. They also do interesting headlining materials...

johnd

Donation Time
Limey - Sorry, I just noticed your earlier question. One Trim will send you a sample if you request one. As a matter of fact, they insist that you review a sample before you place an order.