• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series II FUEL TANK

Doggitz

Gold Level Sponsor
HI EVERYONE

I have a Series II, with a fiberglass fuel tank that is suspended by straps from the bottom. The fuel sender is made by "ISSPRO" and quit working. When I removed the sender, I found that it was held in place a goofy plastic ring. I did a web search trying to find pictures of the oringnal fuel tank/sender in the SII, but came up empty. I looked through the workshop manual, but found nothing about fuel tanks (odd). Does anyone have any info or pictures of the original SII tanks, or what they have been replaced with?

Thanks

Fred

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
Fred,

The original tanks were steel, not fiberglass.

With that said, your tank has already been replaced with something "convenient," or custom made.

You're right about a good picture being difficult to find. I finally found this one buried in this forum. It's not the most descriptive picture but should help. The sending unit is a swing arm style unit mounted on the rear, vertical face of the tank, below the circumferential mounting ring.

Hope this helps,

Last edited: