• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

series 3 Quarts Blue Metallic code 61

Giacomo71

Donation Time
:DI have a series 3 which was originaly painted in Quartz Blue Metallic code number 61. Throughout the years the car has put the rainbow to shame with all the colours that have been applied to it. Now Im in the final stages of spraying my sunbeam but when i asked the paint supplier he could not find it as Sunbeam code no.61. Could anyone help me in giving me the same colour in another companies ( ICI, House of Colours, De Beer etc...) conversion number. Thanks

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
I can't help with color numbers, but if the car has the original hood latch panel, look at its underside. They were painted the same color as the body and most remain in good shape. A cleanup and polish should give you an excellent color chip for your paint guys to work with.

Bill

Giacomo71

Donation Time
thanks but i had sand blasted the car and its two late now. may be someone who has the same colour sunbeam will give me a number.

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
There are NO numbers to cross reference. To get your color, you need to start with an original painted part and have it scanned at your paint supplier. They will make up a formula and then mix up your paint.
I saw this problem coming 10 years ago, and so I started searching for original colors to match. I now have all the Alpine & Tiger colors reproduced in 4" diameter color chips to sell, just for owners like you.
Jan

fireboltgirl

Donation Time
Hello, I'm interested in color chips for autumn gold metallic, seacrest green, quartz blue metallic and light green metallic? Would you have these available for sale?

Giacomo71

Donation Time
Code 61

Hi Jan How can i get hold of a sample of yours please. Thanks

There are NO numbers to cross reference. To get your color, you need to start with an original painted part and have it scanned at your paint supplier. They will make up a formula and then mix up your paint.
I saw this problem coming 10 years ago, and so I started searching for original colors to match. I now have all the Alpine & Tiger colors reproduced in 4" diameter color chips to sell, just for owners like you.
Jan

fireboltgirl

Donation Time
rollout paint sheets available

Tower Paint seems to offer all of the Sunbeam colors. They mixed an aerosol can of #30 Seacrest Green for me for $18, a bottle of touch up paint for $12 and threw in a rollout sheet of the color at no charge. The only thing I gave them was the Sunbeam color code #30 Seacrest Green. Their number is 800-779-6520.

Best of luck!
Kim
63 Series 3