• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Selling full set of Mk2 stailess arch trim

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Steve,

Were these wheel arch trims ever fitted to the series V Alpine's? They seem to be attracting a good response for you, but still have'nt reached reserve. What are these trims worth?

Thanks, Robin.

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Never fitted to Alpines, not even late Series V's.
A complete set of stainless for the MK II Tiger should go for around $3,000 to $4,000.

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
Robin,

The trims are fairly pricey (to say the least). Scott is right about the price. Maybe somebody will win them. I have the reserve set within reason of what I have been told they are worth.

You know, I bet they'd look mighty good on your MkI or your SIV I bet ;)

(anything to make a sale!)

BTW< about 50 watchers at the moment.

Steve

64beam

Donation Time
:eek: No wonder the Mk II's are so pricey. Even the wheel arch trims are out of my range, not to mention not having the hard earned stuff to throw at them. Although the trims would probably look good on the Tiger and the Alpine, I would just like the Mk 1 Tiger side chrome trims.

Regards, Robin.

65beam

Donation Time
wheel arch trim

this trim was also used on the fastback alpine .i have it on one of my 69's .

Duke

Donation Time
Any thoughts of having the trim reproduced. What is the demand with only ~500 MkIIs?

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
I might be mistaken but I believe the 69 trim was shorter. Can anyone verify? (That has been one of the most frequent questions regarding the pieces I have - whether it was off another Rootes vehicle)

Steve

alpine_64

Donation Time
Any thoughts of having the trim reproduced. What is the demand with only ~500 MkIIs?

The trim was reporoduced in australia a while back by a local member. He sold them on ebay a few times. I think he still had 1 set left, was pricey if i remember... about $AU2000... but if you are missing it.. where else do you get it? Oh.. and this was per original design, there were no differences.

65beam

Donation Time
wheel trim

the trim for the 69 is a little longer according to doug at tiger auto. i guess he has used the 69 trim to repair mk 2 tigers in the past when the originals were not available . other than the length ,i guess they are the same .and no, i can't post a photo of the car with the trim since the bare shell just got painted friday and the shop won't let me bring it out in this lousy ohio weather . i hope we can bring it home in a few weeks .then the hard work starts . the motor,trans and rear are already rebuilt and the radiator recored .almost everything else is new including a new H120 grill ,nos badge bar,windows ,chrome,etc.

Jim E

Donation Time
Woo Hoo a H120 with the wheel well trim and LAT 70S !!!!!!!! Not to mention those side draft 40s... oh mercy I want one! I know there is a nice low mileage H120 in the UK with my name on it

65beam

Donation Time
trim

jim,
i have mini lites for this car. i bought the nos H120 grill just so i would have a black grill to match the headlight surrounds. it will be lowered an inch ,have rapier emblems instead of alpine on the roof pillars , cloth interior ,a.c., and will have a mostly stock 1725 in it .i am going to mount 7 inch lumax driving lights on the nos badge bar .i had nos bumpers and overriders but the chrome was such poor quality that i had them replated. having 5 of these fastbacks, i would not want the holbay motor because too much speed in one of these cars will get you killed in a hurry due to the crazy handling . they are a cruising car ,not intended for hard driving .they are real easy to lose control of.the only adjustment to the front end is toe in.