• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

S1 overdrive issue

DaveSeries1

Silver Level Sponsor
Good morning, guys. I finally got my new overdrive solenoid from England and installed it. It works fine. One issue before I take it out and try it on the road. The book says to adjust the solenoid throw by having it turned on and engaged. Then put a 3/16 bit through the alignment hole and adjust the nut until it lines up with the hole in the housing. My question is, when not running, I can put the lever in the position to line it up with no resistance. If I push it forward by hand, I can feel some spring resistance, but the hole is past the alignment setting. Does pressure build up with the engine running and the tranny turning and the lever then pulling in, or should I set it up with the plunger in and spring pressure felt regardless of the alignment holes lining up. All else is finally corrected and working. Need it ready to drive to the Invasion.