• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Restored SV in CT

Jaars

Gold Level Sponsor
No hubcaps, no horn ring, and that for $23,000. Or do you see things I don't? Seller is dreaming?? Robert

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
No hubcaps, no horn ring, and that for $23,000. Or do you see things I don't? Seller is dreaming?? Robert

I agree that he is dreaming and can't imagine that he will get anywhere close to what he is asking. And, I have to question the integrity or at least competence of the seller when I see things like the steering wheel and hubs on a car listed as "totally restored". But, that said, if the interior, top and the body work have all been redone to to a high standard, I stand by my comment that "it might still be less that it would cost to restore one".

alpine_64

Donation Time
Car is fighty and racey ... Has "duel carbs" and original " Forrest racing green" paint.. Must be the faster version of Forrest green crossed with BRG. :D

65beam

Donation Time
restored

words don't mean anything. with just a few hours of work this would be a nice driver. Jim, I don't see your name on the united registration list. are you going to be there? we have a lot of SAOCA members that will be there. it will be the largest sunbeam meet in North America this year.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
words don't mean anything. with just a few hours of work this would be a nice driver. Jim, I don't see your name on the united registration list. are you going to be there? we have a lot of SAOCA members that will be there. it will be the largest sunbeam meet in North America this year.

Unfortunately, no. The 2nd is my wife's birthday. It is one of those big ones that ends in a "0" but I won't bust her by saying which one and, for some strange reason, spending it at the United wasn't her first choice. It does look like a great one and I'd be there under any other circumstances.

65beam

Donation Time
restored

jim,
it's time to educate her on the importance of sunbeam meets for married couples. we have birthday parties, anniversary parties and a lot of good fun. she would enjoy being there. besides that Jill Jennings has a lot planned for the ladies if they don't want to stand around in the heat and talk cars. did I mention that a large mall is within sight of the hotel ?

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
I agree with Jim. Somethings are much mre important than a great car meet. A happy wife, means a happy life.

Maybe the next time when it isn´t such an important date, she would agree to go.

Jose

p.s. Enjoy the day with your wife, doing what she wants to do.

65beam

Donation Time
restored

jose,
a TE/AE united is not just a car club meet, it's a family reunion built around a car club meet. if you had attended as many uniteds as some of us have you would understand the "family" connection. we'll even have some third generations at this united. I know there are some that are making this their first united and I would say it won't be their last. the club president, treasurer, news letter editor and one of the board members are ladies. there are also several ladies involved in the planning of the united. we have a couple ladies setting up activities for the better halves that don't want to be in the heat at the track on sunday. Jill said something about antique shops. one lady has taught the art of beading at previous uniteds. as I said, this is not a male dominated car meet or beer fest but a family affair that is enjoyed by everyone in attendance.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
did I mention that a large mall is within sight of the hotel ?

There is no accounting for taste Bob, but for some reason my wife would rather spend her 60th birthday at the beach with her daughters and granddaughter than at a shopping mall in Dayton.

Kathy has attended many Invasions and Uniteds and at least one SUNI with me. I'll give her this one. Next time.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Bob,

I understand your enthusiasm for this meet, but the lady has a special day and wants to spend it quietly with her loved ones. I personally have been to one united that was held in Charleston, SC and enjoyed it, but it isn´t everyones cup of tea.

Jose

jose,
a TE/AE united is not just a car club meet, it's a family reunion built around a car club meet. if you had attended as many uniteds as some of us have you would understand the "family" connection. we'll even have some third generations at this united. I know there are some that are making this their first united and I would say it won't be their last. the club president, treasurer, news letter editor and one of the board members are ladies. there are also several ladies involved in the planning of the united. we have a couple ladies setting up activities for the better halves that don't want to be in the heat at the track on sunday. Jill said something about antique shops. one lady has taught the art of beading at previous uniteds. as I said, this is not a male dominated car meet or beer fest but a family affair that is enjoyed by everyone in attendance.

65beam

Donation Time
restored

jose,
it could be that this will be #31 for us so it's more than being enthused about this meet.

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
Okay, then! How's about we get back on topic, Bob?

The Alpine in Connecticut ...... seems to be in good company. I see a MGB, MGT-C/D/F (?), and what appears to be the nose of an XKE. Hopefully these cars will have a more thorough and critical "restoration" than this Series V.

Mark ..... v

65beam

Donation Time
restored

mark,
why don't you load up and come to the united. I've never seen you at meets anywhere. you might be able to move some parts.