• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Rear Frame Rails

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
Hi Guys, It has been way too long and I hope everyone is well. I am finally using my SolidWorks 3D software to help me with my S3. I am almost finished designing up the model of the Rear Frame Rails so that they can cut them with the CNC. I hope to make this as easy as possible to fabricate both for the CNS and me LOL. I will share my spring adventure with photos of how things have gone. I think I will plot the design on my printer and fab a pattern up before I go to metal, just to see how things fit. Oh, I would like to go a little heavier with the gauge of metal. What do you guys think would be best?
Again, Hi to everyone.

P.S. If I can help the club out again please feel free to call on me. I hope to retire soon and may have some extra time.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
I use Autodesk's AutoCAD Inventor Professional 2024, but then as an educator I get this obscenely expensive software for free. :p :D

Chad

Gold Level Sponsor
I’ve just cut my rear frame rails out. Having cut into and through them in several places, they’re not as simple as they look from the outside, with internal layers and folds and dimples and thickness changes and what-have-you. And, they’re not simple to remove if you want to preserve the ability to put them back as stock-appearing. Maybe you’ve got some robust metal pressing gear, but I thought I’d throw out a note of caution if you planned to just draw the developed shape of the 4 sides and weld them into a curving box-shape or such.

Attachments

• IMG_5320.jpeg
    IMG_5320.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5321.jpeg
    IMG_5321.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5322.jpeg
    IMG_5322.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5323.jpeg
    IMG_5323.jpeg