• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Rear end position

chris

Donation Time
I'm sitting here on vacation looking at photos of my Alpine and thought of a question I should have asked long ago.

When under the car looking back down the drive line tunnel, I can see that the rear end is off center to the right side. Is this the correct position? All the mounting points and hardware line up and the car goes down the road strait. It just doesn't look right.:confused:

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
I'm sitting here on vacation looking at photos of my Alpine and thought of a question I should have asked long ago.

When under the car looking back down the drive line tunnel, I can see that the rear end is off center to the right side. Is this the correct position? All the mounting points and hardware line up and the car goes down the road strait. It just doesn't look right.:confused:
Hi Chris,

This is normal on many cars. The reason it's that way, is to keep the drive shaft U-joints working so the shaft doesn't begin to vibrate and whip about.

Jose