• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Rare Alpine sighting...

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Ok, so I was previewing an old Man From U.N.C.L.E. show I had obtained so my sons could see what old spy shows were like (I also got some shows from Mission Impossible and The Saint, and they already have seen and love Get Smart and The Prisoner)... and lo and behold in the episode I got there was a lovely little SV Sunbeam Alpine, driven by a sweet young thing, and used as a getaway car! I wonder, did anyone else know of this cinematic gem?

I created a clip of the video and posted it here:

http://media.putfile.com/Man-From-UNCLE---Sunbeam

Enjoy!

(BTW, I found it amusing that never once did her hair blow around during the entire car ride!)

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Kevin, her hair did not blow around because she is so short. Her shoulders are slightly below window level and the steering wheel is at eye level, or slightly above. To top it off, she appears to be sitting higher in the car than he is! Isn't Hollywood grand?

Bill

Sownman

Donation Time
Her hair is blowing, from a fan. The Alpine they ride in is not moving at all
it is sitting in front of a projection of a moving background.

moonstone SIV

Donation Time
Ahhhhhhhhh, it also seems that the producers managed to source one of the very few Sunbeam Alpine/Toyota Camry hybrids available in the late 1960's. That would explain the complete lack of any MECHANICAL NOISE which may have otherwise detracted from the actors Oscar winning performances..............

L

Lee DeRamus saoca0404

Hey Kevin, where did you find shows of "The Saint"? That program and "The Avengers" have always been my favorites.
Lee

Jim E

Donation Time
The Prisoner! man I like that show actually all the shows you speak of are great IMO. I am also enjoying Maverik on DTV now maybe I am just getting old but those shows from days gone by while simpler than stuff like CSI just appeal to me. Anoterh one I like is that 70s show simple format like All in the Family but for some reason it just works.