• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Rain Rain GO Away

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
:eek: So those that have been watching the news us Oklahoman's need to built a Ark. The norm is about 7 days of rain all June but NO not this year we have had 20 out of the 30 days of June rain each and every day. I have diagnosed myself with SAD (Seasonal Acquired Depression) since I have 2 convertibles that never leave the garage. As of tonight those cool bridges that were on the Photo Road Rally last year well they are unaccessible because of flooding. The famous Bird Creek is out of banks, Highway 20 is closed and looks like Highway 11 will be soon to follow. Our home is very high and dry, at this time living on top of the highest hill in a 100 mile radius is a good thing. Now to get to Tulsa we will have to go back to Sand Springs, OK. Jim's office already called seems this is the Corp. of Engineers busy season, looks like he may have to go Dam watch this weekend. The aquarium in Jenks Oklahoma has already been notified those salt water fish and sharks may end up in the Arkansas river.

Donna
Make the next sport car an amphibious one!
;)

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
:( Rain Rain Go Away from OKLA and come to GEORGIA, my grass is drying up and its too hot to take the Alpines out for a drive.

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
But Bob, Once it rains there's too much yard work to drive the Alpines:D
No doubt it's HOT..... Drive early AM ...........late evening...into the night.

Tom j

One of these days I'll get to take a drive........... how long 'till the Columbia show??

howard

Donation Time
I read you loud and clear, Donna! We were just coming out of a 7-year drought here in Texarkana... but lately there's been a TERRIFFIC amount of rainfall. I don't even remember it ever raining this late in the year for us.

On the flipside, I'm not going to pray that the rain stops. We'll need every drop come August. And my in-laws in Mississippi are about to dry up and blow away- they've had so little. It'd be nice if we could just send the rain where it's needed all the time...

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
Its Heading towards New Orleans

;)
All the water has to go somewhere and right now the swollen rivers Verdigris and the Arkansas are heading slowly toward the great Mississippi. They need rain, oops never mind! As my Corp of Tulsa District Engineers husband says every drought is followed by a flood, and so we have DAMS.

Donna
:D