• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Rad Drain/Plug

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
Hi Gang!
Well I am almost back on the road with the SIII (80% ready for the Invasion run). I have one question! The drain plug on the SI-SIII is different than that of the SIV-SV. I have a good SIV rad here but the drain plug looks to have been broken off. It looks to be plastic and my SIII drain plug is the metal type and the threads are different than the SIV. Can anyone tell me what the heck thread is on this plastic plug?
Regards,
Andrew

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Andrew,

Your lucky to have a plastic radiator plug. Before I repaired my radiator, It just had a bolt stuffed into it and the wrong size at that (it was seized and took out the boss in the radiator when I tried to remove it). I invested in a tap style plug purchased from an auto supplier for ease of draining when required. I think my thread size was 1/8 BSP, but i'm not sure whether my radiator is the original. Take the plug (or what is left of it) with you to an auto supplier and match up the thread to get the size.

Regards, Robin.