• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Photo Gallery Sales Tool?

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
So can we use the club site Photo Gallery as a sales tool or should the photos be of our finish or daily driver cars? Can we post any old photo of a parts car or old shell that is found along the way? Should they be cars that I own? I understand that there must be a cost to the storage of such images as hard drive space is money.
Regards,
Andrew

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Andrew - good question, especially as some have been using it to post their cars for sale.

The original intent was to display OUR cars, hopefully in a finished and show ready state. I realize there are some with on-going projects that would probably consider posting pics of their cars too, but it's really for finished, restored, cars that we own and drive.

Use the "For Sale" section to post pics of your cars for sale, and the General section for posting pics of junkyard finds.

SV Dick

Donation Time
Now that's interesting. My Series V is original (except for a new radio and the addition of intermittant windshield wiper control and voltage stabilizer). And it's in fairly good shape. At a previous Invasion in Dayton, club members encouraged me to keep it origninal, even to the point of not repainting it (the paint job is original) and instead touching it up and polishing.

Judging from the interest by club members at the Invasion, I would have thought that the photo gallery would have some interest in seeing an original. But if its only for show ready cars that have been "restored," I guess not.:(

chris

Donation Time
Just my two cents, but I think the gallery should be for car photos, restored or not. I don't think it should be used for advertising of any kind. We already have a place on the forum for that.

With that said, I think it would be nice to have other categories added to the gallery to show detailed photos of engines or anything else related to restoration or customization.

Andrew

Donation Time
I guess my point was misunderstood. I think the photo gallery should show our cars, what we are driving and what we take to the shows. It can be totally restored or just a car you love to drive including the mods you have finished on the car. I would rather not see obscure cars that are all falling apart that people are tying to sell. We have an area on the forum for cars and parts for sale. I don’t mind seeing a photo of a car in an as found state and then a photo of the car cleaned up and on the road, this is what I call sharing. I would rather not see space used up with people just trying to sell their cars, when it is clearly not the place to do so. It would be nice to know that I can go to the SIV photos and see some good examples of what a SIV should look like and not all kinds of cars for sale. There should be a place to show off your car and this I hope is it, so don’t think they have to be totally period correct and restored. A good number of us do not have the cash to restore a car to such a standard, well at least I don’t.
Regards,
Andrew

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Now that's interesting. My Series V is original (except for a new radio and the addition of intermittant windshield wiper control and voltage stabilizer). And it's in fairly good shape. At a previous Invasion in Dayton, club members encouraged me to keep it origninal, even to the point of not repainting it (the paint job is original) and instead touching it up and polishing.

Judging from the interest by club members at the Invasion, I would have thought that the photo gallery would have some interest in seeing an original. But if its only for show ready cars that have been "restored," I guess not.:(

Dick, your car is not restored, but it IS finished and show ready. I think the attention it got in Dayton if proof of that.

Bill

agmason54

Donation Time
Photo gallery sales tool....

Andrew,
I think I started all of this with my PinkSIV.I totally agree with Chris from Modesto. I put the picture there because I thought someone may want to see my pink Sunbeam.I did mention it was FOR SALE so I am GUILTY!!!
But If I was truly just using the gallery for an add I would have put in a long drawn out description, price,several pictures,Email address, phone number etc.
Now if you don't like my RatRod or any other of my pictures then don't look at them .You have don't attack them.Afterall it is a picture of a Sunbeam in a Sunbeam photo gallery and I own each car I list so what's the problem? I try to show real and interesting shots and thought the RatRod was a nice picture and altough I showed it for fun the description is accurate.It will run again as my 'test' car.
I also notice you in the Photo Gallery standing by your car with your giant club emblems on the door wearing a shirt with your same emblem using your car as a billboard.Is this not advertising?
I think there is room on the photo gallery for any Sunbeam out there whether it pleases your eye or not.
If you had a Dudley Do-Right hat,Raybans and a set of police lights on your Alpine to match the rest of your get-up then you could be the PHOTO GALLERY GESTAPO and make the world a better place......
I can hear it now-'You're in a heapa trouble boy-Ah don't like yer picture....'

HAVE A NICE DAY!
(with a happy face,Eh?)
ALBERT

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Good grief, I guess no matter how many times I read through my replies I'll always risk upsetting someone. Dick, of course I didn't mean to leave out the original unrestored cars - they are of great interest as well.

Guys, short of posting cars for sale (for which we have a specific section on this site), post whatever you like that's Sunbeam Alpine related. I would ask for common sense to be used please.

It seems the more features we add to this website the more arguments, irritating PM's, and debates we encourage......:confused:

D

Dr.NO 007

SAOCA photo gallery

SAOCA people like Sunbeams all have their own "INDIVIDUALITY" no two are alike. Thank goodness for the unique and colorful spread of differences amongst our members. variety is the spice of life and Albert & Andrew just spiced up the forum.
Series3Scott you are doing a fine job of trying to smooth over the "Universe"
I dont think we want everyone to be cloned and all think and act as one, so if everyone will put their "For Sale" photo's in the correct pigeon hole that's great. So stay cool, keep the photo's coming and lets see more Series I's and III's and Harrington's, ok some IV & V's. looks like series II are in the majority.

"Viva la differance"
Chuck

Andrew

Donation Time
Photo Gallery

Very good Chuck, I am not one to banter for no reason. I will try and keep my thoughts to myself as I had no idea that they would cause such a ruckus. How is your restoration going? I took a look at some of the photos that you have posted on the gallery. You have a little yellow beam do you not?
Regards,
Andrew

P.S. cool little Alpine drawing, did you do the rendering?

D

Dr.NO 007

little yellow Beam

My sun Beam is asleep for the winter. I don't have a heated garage to allow me to continue with restoration but will get back at it soon.

I can't take credit for the car-toon, I didn't draw it. saved it from another internet site, because I liked it.
Chuck

SV Dick

Donation Time
Thanks guys. It was a healthy discussion. I knew that the club would not discriminate against my approach to ownership. And I understood that the point was to not use the gallery to advertise cars. But I wanted make sure that the discussion was not misinterpreted that only show quality cars or restorations were welcome.:)