• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

One nice windshield!!!

RootesRacer

Donation Time
For those Alpine owners out there that wonder from time to time about the appreciation of their cars, don't worry windshields are now going to raise the total price of the cars. It must be the description of it being faded yellow that makes it so rare!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUNB...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Cheers,

We already had our fun with this nutball about a year ago.

Obviously thinks his stuff is made of gold.
Look at his other alpine offerings.

jmthehermit

Donation Time
Less than two years ago I removed a windshield that was in very good condition for $30 with stainless too! The price should have been $40 but since I removed it myself they knocked off $10 and didn't charge for the stainless. If anyone who owns a Sunbeam is so lazy as not to research prices for parts, or hunt them down at swap meets, or advertise in the parts wanted section, than they should pay the huge prices this vendor is asking. Now we all know 99% of us are not inclined to buy from this highly intelligent person so why give him the satisfaction and acknowledge his existance. I say to hxll with him and his parts. Jeff

Sownman

Donation Time
This guy is certifiably insane.
[/QUOTE

The Sunbeam windshield is not even close to his most expensive listing. and if you read this one carefully where he is selling rusty doors, trunk lid, and hood from an Alfa for $1999 you can see what he's up to. His listing indicates the items are also for sale locally so they may be unavailable and "I won't know it" He obviously doesn't even own some or all of this stuff otherwise how could he not know if it's available. I think he is just listing other peoples stuff, figuring if he hooks a sucker he'll go buy it from the real owner and pass on the item plus huge markup.

It's really a pretty good idea, if he sells one item per month he's making more than most legit parts guys.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ALFA-ROMEO-SPIDER-DUETTO-BOTH-DOORS-196_W0QQitemZ280099956194QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item280099956194&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A3%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Steve R