• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

On the Road

S

Steve Kirk

I drove my series 5 for the first time today. Only 30 miles but it seemed to be OK no problems. I had to drive home in the rain without a softtop lots of fun.

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Yea, but even in the rain, at least YOUR driving your ALPINE.:D

Congrats on getting it back on the road

Tom j

Finally road testing the Green67Alpine..........it's going great !!

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
I drove my series 5 for the first time today. Only 30 miles but it seemed to be OK no problems. I had to drive home in the rain without a softtop lots of fun.

Welcome to my world of a GT Sunbeam Alpine, either you put the hard top on and it sucks, hot and not a convertible or take you chances with Mother Nature. That theory of if you keep driving and don't stop you won't get wet, HA :eek: I really want to have my Alpine at the invasion but its just not worth fighting the heat,rain and extra days off work to make the 760 mile one way trip.
You Go Steve! My thoughts and prayers will be with you all those 1000 miles!

Donna
:D

oldflotsam

Donation Time
Steve, glad to hear you got the S5 up and going. My old yellow S3 is still laid up with a case of no brakes, and no time to repair them.

Wayne

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor

Hi Steve:

Congratulations on your success in getting the Series V on the road. I hope you take it to the Invasion - I'm looking forward to seeing it.

from hot, dry South Dakota,

Paul

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
Great news , Steve, Congrats.

Did you get the rev counter working? If so , what fixed it?

Tom H

S

Steve Kirk

I fixed the rev counter. The metal clip was not on properly. Thanks to all who helped.

I took the car out again this morning I have now have 115 miles on it.

I am seriously considering driving this car to the Inavsion. I will put a few more miles on it before I make the final decision.

Steve