• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Old SForum is up and running, Archive only

PaulK

Gold Level Sponsor
Hurray, :) :)

I have finally got the old forum up and running with all the old data. :D

Please note that the old sforun is an archive only and does not allow new posts or topics.

Please go to www.saoca.org and select "Old SForum" The old forum will open in a new window, your old user name and pass word should still work.

Also, Remember you have to log in to see the major parts of the Forum.

Paul :D

v13311

Silver Level Sponsor
Great job, Paul. This record is invaluable. I do think that adding "Tiger Topics" belongs on the new website - as it was on the old site - instead of just including it in "Other Rootes vehicles". I think that by including it more people would visit the board and as a result, more potential members and more information will be presented.

Ed

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
Yea, Paul! (et al...)
If I create links to discussions in the old forum, (in the parts substitution database/wiki/whatever it
turns out to be) will the person following the links have to log in to see them, or ???

Ken

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
Paul,

Either link works for me using Firefox or IE7, although I did have to log-in again.

Jim,

It is possible that your browser is treating the link to the old forum as a pop-up; if so, you might try holding down the control key while you click on the link or maybe adding www.saoca.org to your list of trusted sites.

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
I am able to get the main page, but even after logging on I can't see any of the main topics.
Also, the latest post showing under the Marque heading is from early 2006, which means I can't access the last 2 issues (which I never got or printed as my printer had been down).
Glad to see that things aren't completely lost, hope to be able to access it all though!
Let me know if there's something I'm not doing, or when I can get the Marque.
THANKS!
Jeff

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
The link worked for me-I looked around the old site and even found a photo of Jim E's Triumph! Nice driving car by the way-though my Mini has more room on the inside....Eric

PaulK

Gold Level Sponsor
Jeff,
One quirk I found with Phpbb when installing it is cookie issues.

Try clearing your explorer cash, cookies and history then close your browser and try again.

I know that is not fun but I have found it works on a lot of issues with PhPbb. That is one reason we changed to the new VBulletin.

Paul

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Eric I need to sell the T why don't you take it off my hands.[/QUOTE]

Gotta pass on that one, a man has got to know his limitations.....
Eric

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
So finally, I am able to log in and access the old files.
However, when trying to access the Marque files, I get an error message that my browser can't acess these files.
I tried clearing all cookies, temp int files, browser cache.
Nothing seems to work.
COULD SOMEBODY PLEASE JUST SEND ME A HARD COPY?
Any ideas would be helpful, thanks.

PaulK

Gold Level Sponsor
Jeff
I just emailed you copies of both issues.

Sorry for the problem, those files are no longer on the server. I will see if I can get them back out there for others.

OK it is a little later,,,,, OK the files are back on the web and can be downloaded form the old forum.

Paul

bobw

Donation Time
This discussion is about a year old now. I'm looking for the "Old SForum" link but haven't found it. Is the old forum still available?

Thanks,
Bob White