• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Oil Pressure Relief Valve

Beamin

Platinum Level Sponsor
I'm in desperate need of a pressure relief valve (or an entire oil filter base) for a Series IV. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Andy

Pumpkin

Donation Time
relief at last!

Its even more complicated than that, there were two different major designs to the screw on base relief valves, and the bases are different for each valve.

Hey Andy, I think I have one in my pile of stuff, I think it also is one I made into an adjustable one.. For one of our great Rootes people had posted a way to makem that way.
If you wish, PM me and I'll make arrangments..:D
Chuck stuck in Oregon

:)

Jim E

Donation Time
Like everything esle I have an opinion on the adjustable relief valve. Forget it you have a good motor and drive the car on the street it is not worth the trouble and it is very posible you could screw it up and ruin a prefectly good relief valve... ask me how I know this...

Pumpkin

Donation Time
relief at last!

Well, Jim, it may be you had a problem, I'll not argue with that, I ran my ser ll 1495 for about 4 years with it and only set it and run it about 6,000 miles in the heat and hills. No problems. at all. I guess it is a some do and some don't..

Andy, I just checked the one mount and fitting I have on a shelf is like new, complete unit 2 part, no adjust style and has the fittings for a oil /air cooler. All you need is to make acouple of gaskets.
..If you need it let me know PM is good.
Chuck

Beamin

Platinum Level Sponsor
Hey Chuck,

My motor is a 1600 SIV, with no oil cooler. The oil filter base is a one piece unit with the screw-in relief valve (or in my case, the base has half of the relief valve stuck in it, the other half of which is sitting on my workbench...)

I'm not familiar with the oil cooler set-up from the 1725 motor...will the filter base from the SV motor work on an older motor?