• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Oh Magoo!

skywords

Donation Time
Were in! With lots of room to spare. Induction and exhaust have to be worked but steering gear and firewall have lots of clearance. I think I will even be able to change filters.

Now the real work begins.

atallamcs

Donation Time
Quad 4

Hi Rick,
That is a very nice job. I am a big fan of this engine and the ecotec super charged version. They are nearly unlimited in the horsepower you can get. Excellent work, I think the right direction for an alpine. Please keep us posted.

Bill Atalla

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Rick,

Look's great. It certainly seems like you have chosen the right motor for the job. It looks like there is plenty of room around the motor. Is the motor shorter than the original rootes motors or is it just the photo's?

Keep up the good work and keep us informed.

Regards, Robin.

C

cooked

Rick

That quad4 setup looks schlick! What transmission are you going to use??

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Rick, looks good.

From here in Indiana, it looks like there might be a problem with the steering arm at the steering box during a hard turn. Is that an optical illusion?

Good luck with the intake manifold!

Bill

skywords

Donation Time
Rick, looks good.

From here in Indiana, it looks like there might be a problem with the steering arm at the steering box during a hard turn. Is that an optical illusion?

Good luck with the intake manifold!

Bill

It is an optical illusion the starter flange is further aft than what the picture depicts. I wish we could post 3D pics, heck I wish I had a 3D camera or even a better camera that had more pixels.

The induction manifold I will try to modify from the oringinal casting using the mounting flange and about 3" of intake piping. I will probably fab a riqtangular box that will weld to the pipes. so I can clean up the interior where the box welds to the pipes, one side removable. The top of the steering box is close so carefull measurements will have to be taken. I need the tranny mount done and the engine level set before proceeding with intake.
My next job is the mateing of the transmission and bellhousing, I still need to set up the clutch, throw out Brg and pilot Brg. I think I will be able to mate them for the last time under the car, any thoughts?

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Thoughts--- I think it will be a tough job. There ain't much room down there, but I think you have noticed that. While messing with the Pinto engine and Ranger tranny, I did a transmission install with the engine in the car. Very difficult and that was without the pressure plate installed. But I know nothing about the T5, so must let it stand at that.

BTW, the final installation was with the transmission attached. That's not easy either. Sort of had to slide it in sideways with my tongue held just right.

Bill

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
The induction manifold I will try to modify from the oringinal casting using the mounting flange and about 3" of intake piping.
I wouldn't use that Mantapart intake to cut up. Do you have a stock intake? I might have one here.
Jan