• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Nice looking V6/4sp conversion

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
take notice of the transmission bracket ... this is a top loader 4 speed tranny ... Jose's kit bracket wont allow the access to that part of the frame...

I put my pass throughs in last week, similar to the tiger image ..I cut a 2 3/4" hole at an angle then took a 3" pipe and squished it to 2 3/4" then cut and welded... plenty of room over the bracket bolts to the frame...
So that means it is a SROD?

If so, probably a tad on the wide ratio side, but that would be fine for a lot (including me) of guys in a street driven car. In fact, I tend to prefer them. Especially in a car that can get underway in third gear without much fuss.

Bill

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
take notice of the transmission bracket ... this is a top loader 4 speed tranny ... Jose's kit bracket wont allow the access to that part of the frame...

I put my pass throughs in last week, similar to the tiger image ..I cut a 2 3/4" hole at an angle then took a 3" pipe and squished it to 2 3/4" then cut and welded... plenty of room over the bracket bolts to the frame...

Steve - if you find time to post pix that's be great.

sd_pace

Donation Time
Bill, it seamed to be the only place to run them thru... big enough for up to a 2 3/8 pipe i guess, will need to augment the headers some to work

Allen I will get some up soon...

Last edited: