• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

"Natasha" 62 Harrington Le Mans for sale.

V

Victoria

Sad but true..

This car is original with some restoration on it’s 43,500km engine. It was in Dick Baker’s private collection for a number of years in Ontario prior to it coming to me in Vancouver.

This article, posted on the Tigers East, Alpines East website is the actual car which I own:
http://www.teae.org/members_only/index.htm, (then go to Rootes Review then to “The Story of Dr. John Bruney’s LeMansâ€)

In 2004 Dennis Gage did a write up and TV show on the ABFM – Episode 9004 (All British Field Meet) at the Van Dusen Gardens in Vancouver, BC. http://www.myclassiccar.com/MCCTV/2004Season/episodeinfo.shtml
You can see some good photos there.

VIN #: 9115839

The car is running well and has passed air care here in Vancouver! I have put in a new water pump & clutch and have gotten the cylinders re-done and head and valves cleaned etc and have put in new bearings, rings, valve seals etc. so it runs smoothly. I also got the camshaft re-tooled. In the past year or two I have also put in new Zenith carbs + had the brakes done.

As the car is unique in it’s virtually unrestored originality, I had to contact quite a few people in different countries for feedback. Here are some references as to my initial asking price of 30,000.00. I have a couple of interested parties.

Jan, a Sunbeam expert in Sweden whom forum members know:

Ian Spencer, another familiar forum name!

Also Norm Mort – who knew the Ontario collector: normmort@hotmail.com

Nigel Matthews is the classic car expert for the Insurance Corporation of BC. He knows the car well. His email is: nimat@telus.net

If you need more info, please give me directly - vix@telus.net as I will get your questions faster.

Victoria in Vancouver.