• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Mt. Washington photos

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
Yes, it was timed. However, the VSCCA only awards a consistency award. They take the difference between the two runs on Sunday and the person with the least difference in run times wins.

Since the engine on my car is still fresh... I think I had less than 15 miles on it.... I was making adjustments each run which didn't help running consistent.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Steve,

Is that the climb you did a few years back where you bottomed the exhaust? it was a little damp at that event too IIRC

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
Michael,

This is the same event.... I have learned to remove everything from the header back to avoid hitting the system. Amazingly, the Viper didn't wipe out the splitter on the front.

Steve

Jim E

Donation Time
Steve did you get a little loose in that corner...

The go cart looking thing with a bug hood on it must be a flyer

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
No, there are a couple of photos showing me crossing a road to get in the starting cue. It does look odd....

The Bug thing is Bill Rutan's special. It has a four cam Carrera motor in it ($$$$) . It does fly even though it looks like hell. In the early 60's Bill won the Mt. Washington event and set the fastest time to the top which stood for a very long time. Could you imagine Carrol Shelby and other Ferrari driver's that were beaten by this car?

Two years ago I got within a couple of seconds of his FTD. I was very happy with those runs.

Steve