• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

MSMART for sale again!

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
That looks like a great implant. Do you know, was the Alpine steering arrangement was retained?

Bill

64beam

Donation Time
That looks like a great implant. Do you know, was the Alpine steering arrangement was retained?

Bill

Hi Bill,

I think the original steering arrangement was retained by memory. This car looks much better than it did when I inspected it.

Regards, Robin.

bashby

Donation Time
I have been working on the same transplant

I have been working on the same transplant, the steering stays stock with no interference or problems. As we drive on the right (or wrong) the exhaust manifold is a bit of a challenge (but not impossible).

64beam

Donation Time
I heard today that the registration of MSMART had lapsed and that it is now interstate in New South Wales. This means that the next onwer will have to go through not only registering the vehicle and a new roadworthy certificate, it will also require an engineers certificate which it had when in Victoria. Fun and games for the new prospective owner.

Regards, Robin.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
I heard today that the registration of MSMART had lapsed and that it is now interstate in New South Wales. This means that the next onwer will have to go through not only registering the vehicle and a new roadworthy certificate, it will also require an engineers certificate which it had when in Victoria. Fun and games for the new prospective owner.

Regards, Robin.

Ship that sucker to Indiana. A cop will check the body tag VIN vs. the title #. If they match, on the road she goes!

I'd love it!

Bill

chris

Donation Time

Regards, Robin.

And I thought the DMV in California sucked. Here all they really want is your money when putting a car back on the road.

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Bill,

I believe it is still for sale. You could take one off our shores instead of an Australian taking them off yours ;).

Regards, Robin.

64beam

Donation Time
Sorry, two car garage, already have three cars.

Bill

Well a fourth would'nt hurt then. I'm sure someone can garage one for you :). My family has the same problem, my Alpine at the parents holiday house, the tiger at my house and a Rapier fastback at Mum & Dad's house as well as the everyday cars. So there is no excuse.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Well a fourth would'nt hurt then. I'm sure someone can garage one for you :). My family has the same problem, my Alpine at the parents holiday house, the tiger at my house and a Rapier fastback at Mum & Dad's house as well as the everyday cars. So there is no excuse.

Maybe a fourth wouldn't hurt, but I would. Wife would see to that.

Bill