• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Mia

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
What happened to "Nickodell"? He has not posted in over a year? So many Alpine guys we never hear from any longer.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Nick O'

Sure miss him! Great Gent! Always had some interesting tid-bits to pass on:D

He did sell one of his loves of life, "Matilda".... a fellow member from the Forum bought it, I believe.

DanR

Last edited:

65beam

Donation Time
he sold the car and it is still in the S.E. Pa area. didn't nick have some type of surgery that made steering the car very difficult?

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Bob, Surgery was what I understand....

He had stated a couple of times he was having trouble shifting gears and turning the steering.

I thought of him several times when I first hit on the idea on the Electric Power Steering (EPS) which works on 12 volts for my Alpine.

Would have been a great "gift" to have made one and installed in Matilda for Nick O'.....

I have two finished for a couple of my cars, just bolting in/up then the electrical wiring for the Green1, the 2nd goes in the Red Gt. Then on to fix'n a couple more

DanR

P.S. Finally whipped the problem on the adjustable steering part. Works great:D

Anyone out there with spare steering boxes/columns, don't throw away yet!

Last edited:

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
I was in Nick's neighborhood in late Nov 2015 and tried to arrange a visit with him. He responded that he had sold Matilda in July. It was obviously difficult for him to part with his Alpine after restoring it and giving it to his wife as a 25th anniversary gift 34 years earlier. He felt the car was in good hands now. His parting e-mail comment was: "It seemed a bit pointless staying in the club and on the forum in the circumstances." But I too miss him.

Tom

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
He'd be welcomed back.

I was involved with vintage BMW motorcycles for over 35 years. When I sold my sidecar rig I walked away completely. Not that I lost interest. Just didn't want to be reminded how much I missed it.

tony perrett

Gold Level Sponsor
Perhaps it's time to get back into bikes, Nick. If you bought an R26 to restore we could compare notes.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Never a single Tony. I am sorely tempted to build another hack but have some family stuff to stay on top of for the near future.

Last edited:

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
Sure miss him! Great Gent! Always had some interesting tid-bits to pass on:D

He did sell one of his loves of life, "Matilda".... a fellow member from the Forum bought it, I believe.

DanR

SAOCA member webineer bought Matilda. He lists his location as Baltimore, MD. It is good to keep these cars on the east coast. :)

Mike