• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Loosening the crankshaft bolt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

agmason54

Donation Time
loosening the crankshaft bolt

Paul,
Are you the same guy that took over six weeks on an Ebay deal to send me a SI-II ragtop frame when you moved from Arizonia to Colorado and then sent me a major brown nosing Email telling me how great I was or are there two of of ya? Is your Ebay handle Anis Dog or something like that?
Ask the Boys Clubs in Tipp City.They all know who #53 is..To me he is a legend and showed up at my place out of the blue.He did a 360 roll over while racing once and walked away.His next door neighbors house was blown up by a V1 rocket in WWII.You should be so lucky to ever even meet the man.
Well next time I'm out your way I'll check out your town and if your lucky I'll let you meet me so you can kiss-up in person.
How do you sleep at night knowing your GT has so many parts on it from a BUMPKIN like me?

Jack's friend,
Agm
ps A monkey wrench and a club will get the crank pulley bolt off also if yours has the handcrank type bolt-
don't forget the rope trick.

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Ask the Boys Clubs in Tipp City.They all know who #53 is..To me he is a legend and showed up at my place out of the blue.He did a 360 roll over while racing once and walked away.His next door neighbors house was blown up by a V1 rocket in WWII.You should be so lucky to ever even meet the man.Jack's friend,
Agm

Hmmm, let's see, Herbie the Love Bug was car # 53 - was it Dean Jones in your living room having tea? This is fun Al. Give us another one.

D

Dr.NO 007

Sir Jack

Hello Al & Paul
Here is the identity of "Sir Jack" as I see it..
Sir John Arthur "Jack" Brabham ,car #53 I haven't figured out yet. what race and what kind of car.

Al - I saw Jack Brabham at the 1965 US Grand Prix in Watkins Glen NY. I saw Stirling Moss walking near the pits .
However, it was Graham Hill and BRM who reigned at The Glen, winning for the third year in a row. Hill took pole, win and fastest lap, finishing twelve seconds ahead of the Brabhams of Dan Gurney and Sir Jack.
I was there from Toronto, drove down in my Alpine 1963 Series III, spoke wheels, wedgewood blue, slept in a sleeping bag on the sandy grass, woke up with a hangover and sand in my mouth, ha ha such fun. :D I was 20 years old.:)
Chuck

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
First of all big Al, I have never lived in Arizona (or been there). We had this conversation through E-mail before but you can't seem to accept it. Second, I have only sold one "rag top" frame in my life and it was to someone in the UK.

But YOU are the guy that sold ME some piece of crap part after bragging over the phone to me how good it was. In particular, the GT hood insulation you said was usable and I received a shredded oil soaked black rag in a plastic bag that was so far gone, I couldn’t even pick it up without it falling apart. I can assure you, my car has not ONE single part form you. One transaction was enough to stop all further. Check my feedback, there is no buys from you and I leave feedback for EVERYONE I buy from or purchases from me, regardless if I get it back.

I was just joking around, don't start throwing stones. I don't think you want to start down the parts path as your reputation on this board and around the country will bring a flood of ill will. I don't think I have ever talked to anyone about parts where your name has not come up. I sleep well knowing the $50 you took from me for the rag-in-a-bag is the only $50 you will ever get.
Third, I don't belong to the boy's club here, or in Tipp City, but I am a lifetime member of the YMCA. I don’t give a rats patutie about racing Alpines, 180's, 360's or rollovers or your living room.

But I did also have a guy show up at my house one time out of the blue! I held him at bay with an 870 until the patty wagon got there. Come on Al, you are actually buying that V1 story! If I only had a nickle for every guy over that last 20 years that used that excuse when his Meth Lab blew-up! :eek:

Anus-Dog (spelled right) ;)

Paul,
Are you the same guy that took over six weeks on an Ebay deal to send me a SI-II ragtop frame when you moved from Arizonia to Colorado and then sent me a major brown nosing Email telling me how great I was or are there two of of ya? Is your Ebay handle Anis Dog or something like that?
Ask the Boys Clubs in Tipp City.They all know who #53 is..To me he is a legend and showed up at my place out of the blue.He did a 360 roll over while racing once and walked away.His next door neighbors house was blown up by a V1 rocket in WWII.You should be so lucky to ever even meet the man.
Well next time I'm out your way I'll check out your town and if your lucky I'll let you meet me so you can kiss-up in person.
How do you sleep at night knowing your GT has so many parts on it from a BUMPKIN like me?

Jack's friend,
Agm
ps A monkey wrench and a club will get the crank pulley bolt off also if yours has the handcrank type bolt-
don't forget the rope trick.

agmason54

Donation Time
Loosening the crank bolt

Paul,
Are you one of the Village People?I remember the song 'WMCA'.Do you have fun when you stay there? The 'Boys Club' are the SAOCA gang that runs the show.They Know who #53 is.
I remember that original bag.What did you expect? I had a blast with your fifty bucks.Thanks!!
I'll drop by sometime to check out your shootin' iron.I bet it's real scary.
My story about the race car driver is true.The man is no liar and neither am I.
What do meth labs and paddy wagons and you pointing guns at strangers have to do with a tight crank pully bolt?
Believe me I am seriously joking but telling the truth at the same time.
Thanks for enteraining me with your words.They are as amusing as your vegtables on Ebay.
I think I'll start putting a lemon with my stuff.
It will be my tribute to you.
Thanks!
Agm

RootesRooter

Donation Time
Now seems like a good time to insert into the topic a completely unrelated, ancient joke from a 1974 Johnny Carson monologue that's become timely again:

"I've got some good news and some bad news"

"The bad news is....the Martians have landed."

"The good news is..............they pee gasoline."

wframe

Donation Time
On the very off chance that anyone is really interested in an alternative method of holding the crankshaft while removing or tightening the front bolt, here is a tool that I think will work. A flywheel turning tool. Won't that hold everything without extra force on the bearings, pistons, or rods?

http://www.jegs.com/p/JEGS/751072/10002/-1/11601

Status
Not open for further replies.