• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

looking for steering wheel for 67 alpine

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
Are the early and late (non-adjustable columns and adjustable columns) steering wheels different?

If they are different, how do you identify them?

Just curious,

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Is the center hub of your steering wheel cracked or the rim or both? My friend and I offer new steering wheel hub repair kits to make them better than new and they won't ever crack.
Or if the rim is cracked I have several nice uncracked stock wheels. I also have a nice original Tiger wood steering wheel.
And Don-there are lots of differences between the early and late Alpine steering wheels.
Different center hubs and more likely to have cracked plastic, different spoke offset from the rim to center hub, they require the early horn rings and center logo too as well as other differences too. The early steering wheel is on the left -the later on the right.DSC06569.JPG

Last edited:

BACKYARD

Silver Level Sponsor
mine is the new style with a very cracked hub , what do you sell the new ones for or the hub repair kits

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
We still have a few new hub repair kits left and we will sell them at the club member price of $335 and that includes the shipping and insurance too. Overseas costs more for shipping. And so do the ones I list on eBay as their fees, taxes, etc. makes it more expensive. These are made in the USA and machined from Delrin and are not cast plastic like the originals so no more cracking! Eric

DSC01814.JPGDSC07963.JPG.

Chad

Gold Level Sponsor
Wow, interesting. I had thought all the early vs late stuff was sorted by the time of the S4. Turns out I have an S4 early wheel then unless my PO just plunked a random wheel on before I got the car?

Chad

Gold Level Sponsor
ok, tearing into this car I get to learn things about the car, and the PO, more and more!

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
Wow, interesting. I had thought all the early vs late stuff was sorted by the time of the S4. Turns out I have an S4 early wheel then unless my PO just plunked a random wheel on before I got the car?

Chad,

It depends, is your steering column adjustable? Your column has been swapped if not.

Just a thought,

Chad

Gold Level Sponsor
It looks like the shaft would have been adjustable, and it looked like it was original to the car as I removed it. I never tried out the adjustable function. It was sold a little while ago.

The wheel was just sitting on the end, with no nut.

Attachments

• IMG_5132.jpeg
    IMG_5132.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4816.jpeg
    IMG_4816.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 23

BACKYARD

Silver Level Sponsor
I was able to get a wheel from sports car parts LTD out of Tenn . Cost about $160 had to disable the adjusting column

Attachments

• steering wheel 2.jpg
    steering wheel 2.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 17