• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Long travel day

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
Left about 7:30 am. Drove until 7:00 pm. Nashville to Cedar Rapids, IA.
Time for pizza and the GB Packers.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Glad the first day well. You can admire your Longest drive plaque and read your "Cobra in the Barn" book while you eat your pizza, but how can you watch the Packers when the Cardinals are playing? Get your priorities straight!

Jaars

Gold Level Sponsor
Paul,
Good to hear all is well. Ag ter your alert this morning of rain and 15mph speeds,you must have done much better after that. Btw the storm never made it to Nashville. With the Jeffers and the Ehrhardts we visited the Hermitage, the home of AndrEw Jackson. All heading North now.
Still sunny in South Dakota?
Robert

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
Another morning, another day of travel. Will leave Cedar Rapids shortly and head toward Mapleton, MN to pick up a T5 for the V6.

Better driving weather for today - sunny skies and light, under 10mph wind.

The Tiger continues to draw lots of attention along the highway and particularly while fueling. If all the folks who tell me that they owned one or that their boyfriend owned one, etc., the actual number manufactured must have been in the tens of thousands!

Tiger Tom "named" the car Mellow Yellow. Don't know if that is really appropriate - mellow? Hmmmmmm. I'll see what else might be available.

So - home to Ol' Blue & the V6. Later then,

zimme008

Silver Level Sponsor
Glad you made it back to Mitchell safely.

Once I hit Kentucky after leaving Nashville at 7 am, it started to rain and continued until I got into Indiana. Then winds in excess of 30 mph were either hitting me from the West or head on. In Bloomington, IL another hard rain and more wind. Sunday was a slow slog but made it to Janesville, WI before stopping for the night. By Monday am, the storms and wind passed and it was a smooth sail back to Duluth.

A reversal in fortune for our respective football teams :eek:

Good luck with the V6 project. I get to spend the winter restoring a hard top :)

Randy

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
I am glad you both got home OK after dealing with that bad weather. Paul-a guy who lives in Northern Tenn and posts on a British car forum saw your Tiger crusing up I-24 before the Kentucky border. He was all excited to see a Sunbeam on the road. I posted that he should have attended the Nashville show to see a lot of them. He was a MG guy.... Randy-send me some photos when your top is done! Eric