• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Jose: You working on MG's now?

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Jim,

Actually, I had planned to V6 one of these early MGB GT's, before my health went away. They are the only MG that I like the looks of. I was thinking that maybe a 4.0 V6 with a five speed, would be perfect for this kind of car. I guess I'm just a sucker for a glass hatch back design, because I fell in love with the Volvo P1800ES when I first saw it too.

This car is not bad, but I would look for a perfectly rust free California, Arizona, New Mexico, or Texas car. I fear and loathe this kind of rust. I believe this car could be a great touring car, if it had a reliable and powerful 4.0 V6 in it.

Jose :D

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I like them too, but if I was going to go for a non-Alpine hard top, it would probably be a Triumph GT6+. No need to hot rod that. I wish I could have bought the one Jim E had a few years ago.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Jim,

The MGB GT has a certain boxy look that I find attractive. I'm not too inpressed with the IRS in the Triumph GT6+ either. I like all the room it has under the hood, but that is about it. It all comes down to taste I guess.

Jim's GT6+ was a very nice car though.

Jose