• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Imp Van

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
What a great little rocket. I wish I had garage space! I'd buy it and get some nice yellow "Rootes Factory Parts" logo's put on the sides.

RootesRooter

Donation Time
Another vehicle from that aircraft hanger full of Rootes cars in California that belonged to the late Don Bruce.

66Tiger

Donation Time
That's cool! I like it.

It would be great for someone who has a little business to put their name on the sides.

Paul

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Great car and very rare to still find this particular body style.

However, I'm a bit confused - it has a Commer hood badge, Singer Chamois grille and grille medallion, and a Hillman steering wheel! :confused:

ozzie alpine

Bronze Level Sponsor
What a great little car!
I had the "station wagon" version many years ago - a Hillman Husky. A fantastic little car, I had lots of fun in that!

It looks to be in great condition. Engine looks very original (which might not suit some as the vans were fitted with low compression dished pistons, easy to upgrade though, and good for low octane fuel...).
There's a few odd things about it though :
If it sat in a Californian shed for years, why does it have a relatively modern looking plastic UK number plate?
The front emblems are confusing and its had a couple of donor cars.
Brake servo up front- Imps had them (if fitted) in the back. I doubt if they were fitted to vans.
I'm not sure if I'd believe the mileage as original - perhaps its been restored...

Nevertheless, would be a great fun little car.

ozzie alpine

Bronze Level Sponsor
Yes, I suppose it is! At least the low-comp pistons anyway. I shouldn't think there is much room for a turbo inside that Van engine bay though! The best thing about the Van/Husky bay is that you can actually access the spark plugs without being a contortionist... but otherwise its a bit tight in there.