• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

I need 5 guys at my house tonight to help

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
find the gesfusenglinger manifold alignment ring that fell off last night and rolled away!!!!!! How critical are those pieces? I know getting the bores aligned is important, my other cars left it to chance and bolt hole placement to get them close. It seems the exhaust manifold puts the intake in a good spot. Is there some blow back that burns gaskets or something else I am missing? Series V Engine. Thanks!

RootesRacer

Donation Time
Alignment rings are not super critical, more than anything it helps with assembly.

Not having one will put a "step" in the #1 or #4 runner, which isn't desirable.

Its just sheet metal, you could always "roll" your own.

Pumpkin

Donation Time
exaust

Alignment rings are not super critical, more than anything it helps with assembly.

Not having one will put a "step" in the #1 or #4 runner, which isn't desirable.

Its just sheet metal, you could always "roll" your own.

Geess I think I am in the wrong place.. Sheet metal ,, what do you roll in it?:eek:
That was going to be my suggestion too as I did the same on my 1495 a long time ago. Having the metal "ring" does' help prevent the blow by..problem
Tracy better have that thing ready for this week end!!!:D
Chuck

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
The alignment rings are much thicker than roll sheetmetal and will be a challenge to make correctly unless you have some respectable shop tools. I have a few sets and $5 will include shipping a pair to the West Coast. PM me if you're interested and I'll get them in the mail tomorrow.

Mark

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
Thank you!

I'll find it. I just have to low crawl all over the garage to see what hole it rolled into or what body part it hung up on. Post was part frustration and curiousity if I didn't find it. It is where dropped parts go to hide. I was making good progress last night getting it back together and then...ting....! What a craptastic way to end a nice evening working on the car (and listen to the Mariners puke up another loss!)

The alignment rings are much thicker than roll sheetmetal and will be a challenge to make correctly unless you have some respectable shop tools. I have a few sets and $5 will include shipping a pair to the West Coast. PM me if you're interested and I'll get them in the mail tomorrow.

Mark