• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

I can't take it any longer!

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
WHAT'S A CANT RAIL? :eek:

I'm absolutely sure I'm the only one in this group that doesn't know...

While I'm at it, what's the name of the 3 piece panel gizmo that takes the place of the convertable top toneau on a S2/3? Use small words.:rolleyes:

S

Steve Kirk

The cant rail is unique to the Series 2 Alpine. It is a part of the soft top that fits around the windows. This is stored in the trunk when not in use. These usually get lost. If you PM me your e-mail I will send you a photograph of mine.

I refer to the hood stowage covers as the hood trays.

Wombat

Donation Time
On Series 3 and later, the cantrail is the hinged bar in the soft top frame that attaches to the top of the windscreen. The top of the side window seals against it. If you're not careful, you hit your head on it when you get in or out with the top up. I think Series I and II have them, but they work differently (never had a close look at the SI or II soft tops).

I am sure there is an official name for the other items. I just call them soft top covers.