• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

HUMBER SUPER SNIPE for sale

64beam

Donation Time
Hi,

That is a really good price and it is in very good condition with very low miles. That would be a great family car and looks very comfortable. Is it still the Rootes engine or is it from another manufacturer?

Regards, Robin.

ziebellski

Donation Time
It looks to be the Rootes 6-cylinder, but I think a different motor was put into the car sometime during its life.

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
Wonder of that is a Maaco paint job? I had a car painted there once they didn't mask the radiator and sprayed paint and such all over the engine bay, just like the photos. What abouit the photo leads you to believe the engine is not original?

ozzie alpine

Bronze Level Sponsor
Looks like a decent buy, although a shame about the shoddy overspray in the engine compartment.

Looks identical to my 61 Series 3, inside and out (apart from a bit of extra chrome), although it could be a Series 4 (which just had a slightly bigger cc engine).

Engine is definitely correct "type" although could be slightly different cc. Probably came from the parts car.

They are fabulous cars to drive, very smooth and quiet, but be prepared for heavy steering unless its got the optional power-steering.

64beam

Donation Time
Hi,

What capacity were the Rootes six's and were they designed and built by Rootes?

Thanks, Robin.

ozzie alpine

Bronze Level Sponsor
Hi
The Series 1 Super Snipes had a 2655cc straight six
Series 2 onwards had a 3 litre (2965cc)

They were based on an Armstrong-Siddeley motor.
OHV cross-flow. Nice smooth motor, but big and heavy!